March 03: Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited (ABFRL) has undergone a strategic partnership with renowned designer Tarun Tahiliani aiming to launch a contemporary ethnic wear brand for men.

ABFRL will be holding an 80 per cent stake in the new launch, however, at the same time, Tahiliani will be holding the remaining 20 per cent stakes. The latest brands aim to open as many as 250 stores all across the country over the next five years along with its plans to launch the first set of its retail stores by September 2021.

ABFRL has made similar investments with some other reputed names as well like in Jaypore and Shantanu & Nikhil. Along with this, the retail brand has also announced its partnership with Sabyasachi. With these investments and partnerships, ABFRL is planning its future growth segment.

Also read: Sabyasachi fashion trends: When Sabyasachi Mukherjee reignited old trends

The designer and CEO of the Tarun Tahiliani brand, Tarun Tahiliani quoted, “Last year, we celebrated 25 years of the Tarun Tahiliani label. The next big leap for the brand was to take our craftsmanship and expertise and offer it to a larger Indian market that knows and values quality and is actively seeking it. It was clear that we needed a partner who could not just help us with this scale, but also have the same dedication to quality and the customer. And that could only have been the Aditya Birla Group.”

Sharing his excitement over the partnership that aims to ensure further growth, managing director at ABFRL, Ashish Dikshit said, “Tarun Tahiliani has been at the forefront of the emergence of the Indian design industry. This partnership is in line with our stated strategy to craft a portfolio of brands that address the entire gamut of ethnic wear segments: value, premium and luxury.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *